(The following job descriptions are subject to change.)
PROGRAM: BHN-DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICES, WARE, MA (ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FROM ACROSS THE STATE)
REPORTS TO: HELPLINE PROGRAM MANAGER
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The HELPLINE RESPONDER will provide de-escalation tools and safety intervention, education and support regarding the values and skills that underlie safe relationships, and referrals to stabilization services needed to support long-term change. The HELPLINE RESPONDER will also work with family, friends and professionals who want to support protective behaviors in someone they know.
The Helpline will operate from 10am-10pm, 365 days a year. The HELPLINE PROGRAM MANAGER will cover most day-time shifts. HELPLINE RESPONDERS will cover 6-hour shifts, primarily during evenings from 4pm – 10pm, weekends (10am-10pm), and holidays.
- HELPLINE RESPONDER is available by phone, text and email to respond to people at risk of using abuse and to friends, family and professionals who want to help someone they know stop using abusive behaviors.
- HELPLINE RESPONDER will provide de-escalation and safety intervention tools, risk assessment, education and support regarding values and skills related to equity and respect, and referrals to stabilization and educational services needed to support long-term change.
- HELPLINE RESPONDER will document contact hours in generic case notes.
- HELPLINE RESPONDER will adhere to all safety and confidentiality guidelines.
- HELPLINE RESPONDER will attend regular supervision with Program Manager.
- Weekly group supervision with Program Manager and Program Trainer.
Minimum 2 years experience working in the field of domestic violence. Demonstrated understanding of domestic violence perpetration a plus. Crisis line experience a plus. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Higher education degree a plus. Must be open to continuing education with regard to understanding the dynamics of domestic violence in general, and the specific dynamics of domestic violence perpetration.
HOW TO APPLY